THE COUPLES retreat EXPERIENCE
IntimacyMoons Is The Retreat For You If:
- Are you suffering in silence, afraid to tell your closest family and friends about the problems you face in your relationship and marriage?
- Have you found that parenthood has made it harder for you to connect sexually and emotionally?
- Does sex feel unsatisfying and disconnected?
- Do you sleep in the same bed and feel worlds apart from each other?
- Are you struggling to trust after being devastated by infidelity, but don't know whether to stay or leave?
- Are both of you so busy from work, you don't have time or energy to connect sexually or emotionally?
- Have you gone without sexual intimacy for 3 months or longer?
- Do you feel un-loved, un-appreciated or that your needs are being neglected?
- Are you on the verge of giving up on your marriage or relationship because your tired of being unhappy?
- Want to enhance your intimacy and learn some tools to take your connection to the next level?
Here is What You Will Learn
CONFLICT & COMMUNICATION
Couples will be tasked to understand their underlying needs when dealing with conflict and communication. Each couple is given a set of questions that help facilitate conversation about how they believe they handle conflict, and what areas could use growth and attention. Practical tools and guidelines are given to guide couples as to how to communicate their needs more affectively and in a way their partner can hear them.
My belief is that communication is a lifelong skill that couples always need to work at and fine tune. Elements like building emotional safety, and learning how to effectively get your point across with out shutting down, over shouting or getting defensive really adds to relationship health and satisfaction - tools that everyone will walk away with.
SEXUAL INTIMACY & EROTICISM
Sex is more than just intimacy, and intimacy is more that just the act of sex. It is important to understand the values, beliefs and feelings that may get in the way of physical connection, and transcending those messages to truly embrace sexual agency individually and within the relationship.
This retreat will help couples explore and talk about their own sexual templates, and get the chance to dive deep into their own erotic desires, fantasies, longings and beliefs about different aspects of sexuality. We will also cover sexual communication, and have heart to heart discussions on how to treat the most common sexual concerns couples may have.
VISION & EXPECTATION OF MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP
The union of marriage is an amazing journey, but after you walk down the aisle that's when the real work begins. Through self reflective exercises and conversations, couples will have a deeper understanding of what their expectations of marriage really are, from gender role expectations, children, finances, career aspirations and more.
You will gain clarity about their individual and relationship goals, learn how to negotiate and collaborate on the differences, and dream together by creating a vision of their marriage and the road ahead.
LEARNING TO LET GO
Perhaps one of the most powerful experiences couples can have during this retreat. Often times people move into the next stage of their relationship but still bring along the baggage and wounds from the past, whether from past relationships, family or previous wounds.
This letting go process has couples confront the issues that are still present for them that may be hard to let go, but that are standing in the way of deeper connection and joy. By starting the process of healing, couples can then move forward in freedom, allowing a renewed version of the relationship to emerge that can promote a healthier and more prosperous union.
These intensive couples consultations throughout the retreat are targeted to those that need support through connection, intimacy and communication issues such as infidelity, trust issues, pre-marital concerns or just an overall relationship tune-up.
Together, we help you move forward in transformation and healing for your relationship.